Ok so only a few days into this blog thing and I am already slackin...
Let me tell you about yesterday. One thing you will probably see through this month is my constant theme of not liking wind from the Northwest. It blows the boat away from the dock and makes it hard for the dogs to get off of the boat.
Yesterday morning was cold and VERY windy. While the boat is very well secured with dock lines, the wind was still pushing her away from the dock. I tried to pull us in closer, but could not. The wind blowing against the side of her 20,000 pounds of weight was too much, even for my large muscles.. lol So we ended up hanging out on the boat for about 2 hours until the winds died down. The poor dogs were sitting there with their legs crossed just waiting to get off.
Yesterday evening was pretty smooth though. Light wind, but VERY cold. The thermometer on the boat showed it got down to 28. The boat was toasting warm at 75-80 all night, but it was a very long and COLD walk down the dock to the boat.
This weekend I will be building a gangplank to make it easier for the dogs and anyone else to get on and off the boat.
Most of my slumlording work is done, got a few appliances to swap out and then going to spend next week working on the boat and my other real estate business. I will start uploading some pics soon.
Until later... fair winds and following seas.... I think that is how the saying goes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment