I am only 5 days into my nautical adventure and have already learned a lot about living on a boat. Some good things, some bad things.
Lets start with the good...
It is easy to keep the boat clean.. a thirty three foot boat sounds kind of big, and I guess it is as boats go, but as a living area it is SMALL, but that means less stuff to keep clean
It is very relaxing. I know once I walk down that pier the rest of the world is shut out. All I hear is the sound of the water and relaxing music I have on the stereo.
I am lucky.. I already realize how lucky I am to have the chance to do this.
The not so good...
February may not be the ideal month to live on a boat. While it is plenty warm inside of the boat, when you have to walk down a pier with 30 - 35 degree air temp and 20 mph winds, you get to feel a wind chill that is down in the low teens.
The boat is small...
So those are just a few random things I have learned so far. I am really enjoying it. My evenings generally consist of coming back to the boat and eating if I have not already and also feeding the dogs. I then usually get online or talk on the phone while the dogs eat and then lay down. Now that my beginning of the month rush of work has subsided I will be able to do a little more organizing and also some more cooking... fast food and take out gets old.
The water is really quite tonight (No evil Northwest wind) so I am sure I will sleep good.
Until tomorrow... "there is no dark side of the moon, it is all dark.." Sorry could not think of a nautical quote so I went with the old standby of Pink Floyd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment