Well today was an awesome day...
It started out with being able to sleep in, which is always a good way to start. The dogs and I picked up Andrew from his friends house and we came back to the boat.
The weather was perfect, mid 70's, light breeze, calm seas and lots of sun.
We spent most of the afternoon designing and building our gangplank. It seems to have come out pretty good. We have a few design changes I will implement during the week. This should eliminate the problem I had the other day of "getting trapped on the boat" and will also make it easier for some of my less sure footed friends to come visit me.
There were a lot of people at the marina today, so we got to make some new friends. Rusty even made a new friend. This little pug dog that came by boat with his owners seemed to hit it off with Rusty.
We ended the day with fried chicken and chocolate eclairs for dessert.
I think the things that made the day so nice were, spending it with Andrew, great weather, relaxing and getting something marked off on my "to do" list.
The weather is supposed to be nice all week, which is great since I have a very light work week. I hope to get some serious sitting around doing nothing accomplished.
That is enough for now... Andrew, sorry I did not post this before you went to bed, guess you will just have to read it tomorrow.
3 more days until the evil monster whose name shall not be spoken is no longer my wife and 20 days until she and her band of misfits are eradicated from my house. The only bad thing is.. it also means only 20 more days left of "Mikes month on a boat" blog.
Until my next post....
"Yes I am a pirate... 200 years to late, the cannons don't thunder, there is nothing to plunder, I am an over 40 victim of fate" -- Jimmy Buffet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are as "sweet" as ever... Ouch....
ReplyDeleteI can not believe that Andrew is 13 already! ... Now that we seen your boat and dogs... New pic of Andrew would be nice.
Best Regards, Anna S.