Many of you who read this know me and my love of technology and computers. One of the things I miss about being in my house is all of my computers, servers and tech stuff.
Tonight I have spent some time playing computer and turning the boat into a floating data center. I have always had my laptop on here and a high speed internet connection. I hooked up one of my servers tonight. It can connect to the Internet through my laptop, but looses connection when I am gone :-( It does give me a good environment for some web development projects I am playing with and off course no vessel should have less than 1 Terabyte of storage on board at anytime.
This may not seem like a big deal to many, but it definitely makes it more like home.
On a less geeky note... There is an awesome full moon tonight and it provided just enough light to watch the Navy rescue swimmers jumping out of a helicopter hovering over the water across the river from me.
Well enough for now... type to you all later
Mike
Captain of the ship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
post more!
ReplyDelete