Monday, February 2, 2009

It was a cold, dark stormy night......

Well it really is a cold, dark stormy night... So here is the deal, as a result of my divorce I am out of my house (that I pay for) until my now ex moves out the end of the month of February. I have had my boat for almost a year now and have always dreamed of living on a boat. The problem was that I had too much stuff. Everything kind of came together and I figured what a perfect adventure to make the month pass faster and have some fun in the process.

So this Blog is about what I expect will be my many adventures of living on my boat for the month.

To start with, let me tell you about the boat. She is a 1979 33' Chris Craft cabin cruiser. She has two Chevy 350 engines, a cool flybridge and most of the comforts of home. This includes kitchen, full bathroom with shower, heat/ac, flat screen TV, a couple of computers and high speed internet access. Her name is the "Sea-esta".

She is currently docked at the Amity Marina in Fruit Cove, FL, just south of Jacksonville. Here are some links about the marina and satellite view.
Amity Marina

Satellite View


During the month, my two boxers will be with me. They love going on the boat and keep me company, also my first mate (and son) Andrew will be with me.

Guess that is about it, tomorrow when the sun is out I will probably take some pics to post. I have an awesome berth at the end of the dock. I sit out on the back deck and look out at the St. John's river.

So unless I go down with the ship tonight... I will update this tomorrow.

Good night and smooth sailing (A little nautical lingo for you land-lubbers)

2 comments:

  1. awesome! and . . . congrats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha wow dad this is pretty cool actually u never told me til i jus saw ure facebook i like it ill be checki daily

    ReplyDelete