I am beginning to realize what a toll the last six months of this divorce process and probably the 18 months of marriage prior to that had on me. I have felt much better since the 11th than I have in a while. I am more relaxed and also surprisingly much more productive with my different business ventures.
Tonight was an interesting night... kind of a combination of what I love about living on the boat and what I do not like. I picked up Andrew from his mothers at about 6:45pm. By the time we went and got dinner, ran some errands, got dog food, it was 9 when we got to the Marina. Then we had to do homework... I love Algebra I. I was thinking that if I was already back in the house, Andrew would have already been home, there would have been food in the house to make dinner and I would have gotten the huge sized dog food bag at Costco, so I would not have to make weekly dog food runs. It would have been a much earlier night. On the upside though, the weather is perfect, the dogs are out of their minds happy that Andrew is here and the three of them are crashed out on the V-Berth.
I have 10 more nights on the boat. It is definitely an experience I will never forget, but I will get a bigger boat if I do it again.
I am looking forward to getting back in the house and getting my life back to normal, but I will miss the quite cool evenings, sitting out on the back deck looking out over the St. Johns river, thinking about everyone running around in their busy lives while I am just hanging out on my boat. Overall I know I am pretty lucky.
Well I need to make this post short, it is 1:45AM and I have to have Andrew at school by 7:45AM... I normally do not even wake up until 8:30... so if you run into me tomorrow and I seem cranky.. I am just tired.
to tired to think of a funny nautical quote...
Capt. Mike RNYC (Red Neck Yacht Club)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sound good Mike. Happy for you and my grandson.
ReplyDeleteare you done blogging? are you moved back in?
ReplyDelete